Wednesday 12 September 2012

experience shared by students (TCS 2013)

tcs placement drive in pondicherry engg. college!!
11th-12th september,2012

Ashish Kumar Singh  shares his experience
i had to write aptitude as my 10 th percentage was 74.5 % and not 75 % nevertheless if u do things the right way there is nothing stopping you from getting placed even when people keep saying its gonna be hard this year.

i will share my experience with you all.

11th morning the aptitude rounds started.it was online.there were 30 questions and 80 mins to do them. there were puzzles too as expected this year but also there were questions which were doable and anyone who has practiced quants can answer them.i just attempted 15 out of 30 questions.and most of them were right according to my intuition.dont panic when u come to a question which luks tough.just skip it.u will surely find questions which u can solve.dont go for blind guesses am far as possible as there is negative marking too.ur accuracy should be good.i think that plays an important role for clearing aptitude.

around 300 people attended apti round and the results were announced on 11th evening. 102 people cleared the apti.

day-2: the interviews began today morning.there were around 24 panels and each panel had 3 interviewers.separate panels for it and eis.just walk in the room with confidence.dress well.greet all of them with a smile .shake hands.and take the seat when u r offered.be clear in what u say and express yourself with confidence.according to my personal experience,i think they r luking for soft skills in u more than ur technical skills.but u should be ready with the technical part too.for me they dint ask much technical questions.just about my project.2,3 simple questions from my area of interest - computer networks.then there were normal hr questions.again the key is to be precise and clear.the interview lasted for 15 mins.some of my friends did have to face quite a few technical questions.they told me that the key is not to say more than asked for as they tend to form questions from your answers avoid using technical jargons which you are not clear with, but if you do know what you are talking about then go along with it. Be clear in explaining the concepts to them,

today evening around 7.30 results were announced and dey selected aroun 140.

remember confidence and ur communication skills is the key!!

all the best guys!!if u deserve it u will surely get in.

 ..............................................................................................................

##Kishore Kumar ' shares his Interview Session :)

Congrats Kishore Kumar !!


So here it goes


MY Interview experience (30th Aug - 2011, at 12.25pm)
MY "2-MINUTE" TCS INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE:

Interview Panel: Two Middle Aged men (I represent as HR-1 & HR-2)
Place: Vice Chairman Room (2nd hall to reception)

I was a bit nervous, on looking at previous candidates of same panel, for whom questions were from digital, microprocessor. I was a bit nervous and I lose hope entirely and came to mentality that "I CANT surely get thru"..

I thought "Anyhow I CAN'T get thru, summa I need to jus show some getthu in interview"
and I entered in wit blank mind and wit some confidence..

HR-2 peeked at me and I gave him a good smile and wished "Happy noon sir"
He returned me a smile and wished me back

HR-1 was busy looking my xerox copy of certificates.

Next,

HR-2: Wel Kishore right ? Have ur seat man!

ME: (smiling) thank u sir!!

HR-2 : Wel Kishore, let me hear something abt u!!

Me : Sure sir. I am Kishore, doing final year B.Tech in field of infrmation technology in Sri mankula vinayagr eng colg.
I had done my schooling in 7th day adventist til from 1st til 12th standard, and cleared out scoring 87% and joined this colg in merit seat.

regarding my family, My dad Mr.Sudarsan is working in private factory and my mom Mrs. Latha is an excellent home maker. My bro karthik is working for an private BPO.
Well .. thats all abt me sir

(Now HR-1 looked up at me and asked)
HR-1: Well u have created an website for ur placements right ?? wel wats exactly was it ..

ME: (looking at both of them) Of Course Sir! I had created IT GROUPS and PLACEMENT SITE for my colg. Actually the main objective was to share information so that the information can reach all..

actually this has been created using webs.

(HR-2 interrupted me and asked)
HR-2: Wel how did u created it actually.. and wats the platform u used and webserver ??

ME: Sir actually its created using free domain called webs, and the webserver itself allows to store 5MB of files.. it has many predefined templates and itself allows editor tools to edit pages easily.

HR-1 : so u havent created it using HTML? U have jus created using templates that already were there.. isnt so.. wats spl in it ??

ME: wel sir. i created the site in my 5th sem, and i had HTML as a subject only in 6th sem. by the time i created the site i only knew HTML a bit , but not wel wel versed .. now i am trying learning it in detail to deploy using html..
(MIND VOICE: epadaiyao samaalichen da saami)

HR-1: wel wats the difference between XML and HTML..
(I Immediately replied)
ME: Sir,. user defined in xml and predefined tags in html.. sir also..

HR-1 interrupted me and asked "Well y tcs?"

ME: Wel sir, TATA itself has an brand name. WE CAN SAY ALMOST IN ALL DOMAINS TATA has established its level. Sir for example .. consider this tea (I pointed to a tea cup) .. this can be tetley tea.. a product of TATA..

Consider the TAP (Pointing to the steel tap).. this steel may be made of TISCOL... a product of TATA.. Like wise TATA has domain in almost all fields and since I am from an IT backgroud I prefer TATA's Software firm . ie TCS..

HR-2 Smiled ..and asked wel that cud also be an AVT tea and Steel cud also be some othr brand na ??

ME: smiling a bit well.. of course yes sir .. i cud be also.. but thers a probability that this cud be TATA's make..

HR-1 and HR-2 smiled & exchanged faces for a BIT of second!!
(IT WAS AN REMARKABLE SMILE OF MY LIFE)

HR-1: wel fine Kishore !! is there anything u need to know abt TCS ??

ME : (2 seconds delay) No Sirrr!

HR-2: R u sure ??

ME: YES sir .. boldly and a bit aloud!

HR-2 : Ok u can leave..

ME: ok sir.

I went til door and at that time i remembered to wish them .. i turned back a bit while holding the door latch pulling it and said..
(to both of them)
have a nice day sir .. Thank u..
have a nice day sir .. Thank u..

thank u..

they too nodded back..

I returned..

On returning i was fully loaded wit heavy pain in heart, (Thinking AYYO POCHE!! )

After that Meiappane sir comforted me and said a few good words..

slept in class til 4.45 pm after lunch and waited for result.

(I still had a prayer to my soul to get me a chance get thru)

Till 7.30pm, i was fully loaded wit many memories and events that happened in all my 3.5 years of colg life..

Atlast came result from Cailasaame sir, names of all sorrouding me wre read ..

altlast wit my name in 29th order in 38..

GOsh my life came back!!!!!

Thanked GOD! and ringed my dad to inform !!

Thank GOD!
...........................................................................................................
All the BEST GUYS DO PREPARE WELL !

2 comments:

\